Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

♥ The Magicians' Guild ♥



Story book time again~ I don't know why, but I bought this book when there's Popular Book Sale. Actually when I planned to buy this book, I saw it's about Black Magic. And I was like should I buy this set of book back to my home and read it? While I was wondering, my mum told me this: You should read all kinds of books, so that you are exposed to different types of books. If not, you'll just stick to one type only. So, I decided to buy the whole series AGAIN~~ To my surprise, this book is nice to read too. If actually doesn't have much black magic, and there are several types of magician too. Even I can imagine the handsome guys and the beautiful girl while I'm reading this book yoyo monkey cheer Pictures, Images and Photos


The Magicians' Guild is the first fantasy novel in the The Black Magician series by Trudi Canavan. It was published in 2001, followed by second book, The Novice in 2002 and The High Lord in 2003. This book tells the story of Sonea, a young "dwell" from the slums, as she discovered her magical potential. When she hurls a stone through a magical barrier, it accidentally injured a magician which stand behind the magical barrier. The magicians are asked to find her before her uncontrolled and untrained powers kill herself and destroy the whole city. At the same time, this is to overcome Sonea's distrust and fear towards the magicians and the Guild as they too are trying to convince Sonea to join their ranks.

The Magicians' Guild had Aurealis Award Nomination for Shortlist for Best Fantasy Novel of 2002.

Main Characters:
Sonea
A "dwell" (someone who lives in the slums) with the undiscovered magical potential becomes an extremely powerful magician. Fall in love with a secretly black magician, High Lord Akkarin.

Lord Rothen
An alchemist (purple robes) and a teacher and Sonea's mentor.

Lord Dannyl
An alchemist (purple robes) and former pupil of Lord Rothen, who is willing to use unorthdox methods to find Sonea.

Lord Fergun
A warrior magician (red robes) who disapproves of dwell being taught magic.

Lord Lorlen
Administrator (blue robes) for the Guild.

High Lord Akkarin
Leader (black robes) of the Guild, and secretly a black magician. Fall in love with Sonea. Died in the final battle in order to save Sonea.

Cery
Friend of Sonea's whole full name, Ceryni, is that of a type of small rodent. His father was once a theif, and Cery uses his connection to the Thieves to help hide Sonea from the magicians.



All I can say is nice nice nice~~ Love this series of books too yoyo monkey disco Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment